A PASSAGE TO INDIA

'A TRAVELER IS BUT A PILGRIM ON A QUEST'

Saturday, October 08, 2005

29. NO.1 DAUGHTER



























As a kid, I was a comics buff. There's this stereotypical Chinaman detective, Charlie Chan, whose assistant was his ABC son, whom he addressed as No.1 Son.
I thought that hilarious for the old Chinese did refer and address their offsprings by order of birth. These days, I enjoy Calvin & Hobbes and The Simpsons.






 








I have kids all over the place...

I have Indian kids in the Home in North India where I've spent some time in the last 2 years.

I have Malay kids in the tuition center where I tutor English every Saturday as a volunteer.
 
I have my foreign kids in the international school where I work, who are a far cry from those disadvantaged ones above.


I have my neighbourhood kids - all girls - whom I shall call The Jack Russell Fan Club. They fell in love with my dog whilst I was walking him. They call me often to arrange to meet in the playground, w
ith my doggie of  course - I've become one of their buddies - Cool!
 
 















My kids keep me grounded. They keep me in the loop of things. All are smart, calculative at times - as they grow and mature will they have the right human values?

Only Time will tell......
 

Link: post 41 - The Jack Russell Fan Club

1 Comments:

  • At 4:15 pm , Blogger Rachel said...

    HI, Aunty shirley, it is rachel one of the members of the Jacky fan club...nice to see you have a blog... hope we can meet more and see Jacky....could you pass us your email add and put a post about the Jacky Fan Club?....hee hee..bye for now...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home