A PASSAGE TO INDIA

'A TRAVELER IS BUT A PILGRIM ON A QUEST'

Friday, September 12, 2008

66. HARD DAY'S NIGHT




link: post 15 - Living the Teachings
 
House building in Cambodia is no walk in the park, no siree, not for urbanites like me and the other volunteers from different cities of the world who met one another only upon arrival at the hotel in Phnom Penh.








Ethnic good looks - who, me? Yes, I, thank you






















With the din from the hammering as we  put together his new home, this little tyke slept through it all.





































Rainy day is fun day but for the team, it was mud....





































my family jewels are bigger than yours!



















Their homes before






















































 
 We started with this....











 

The Looking Lost Team in an Amazing Race to hammer together 4 homes in 2 days.....





































































 


I hit my thumb more often than I hit the nails on the head. Don't care if I never see another nail again....

 
















protein snacks - bugs anyone?

 














 



The beneficiaries of our Labor of Love - their eyes and smiles told us how they felt...it was thanks enough..

 

















































































This little house on the prairie was our toilet for 2 days - our hosts dug it especially for us! I'm pleased to report the urbanites adapted very well.....!




The village which previous built teams put together over a period of time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home