A PASSAGE TO INDIA

'A TRAVELER IS BUT A PILGRIM ON A QUEST'

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

129. RECLAIM THE SWASTIKA!





















 


On a recent escapade to nearby Malaysia to a small sleepy town of Batu Pahat, I came across this temple with a gate that caught my eye - it was adorned with the spiritual symbol of the Swastika. I went in to take a look - it was a new looking temple with nothing much except for a Buddha image with the swastika emblasoned on its chest...just like what I've seen elsewhere in Nepal and India and I'm sure many other places in Asia I've not been to yet...

It's perhaps hightime those passionate enough need to be more vocal and not be afraid to go forth to reclaim this beautiful spiritual symbol - I wrote about it in detail in Post 100 - countries like India and Nepal can do more to enlighten those who associate the Swastika with evil..
This is my way of reclaiming it - write about it...


 



The Batu Pahat High School - where I spent a short time during school hols staying in the teachers' quarters



Herba egg anyone? This stall uses up to 10 herbs, they claimed, it was really fragrant - was what attracted me to this little shop selling all manner of dried herbs...Batu's old malls are like a throwback to the 70's - it was a walk back in time, I felt transported to another era, the van I travelled in was the Time Machine!






























1 Comments:

  • At 2:31 pm , Anonymous ksw said...

    There are simply overwhelming violence in today's society - beheadings of fellow citizens who belong to another tribe and most inhuman of all - foreign humanitarian workers. What the Dalai Lama preaches "if every 8 year old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from this world within one generation" must be given special attention for the survival of humanity.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home