A PASSAGE TO INDIA

'A TRAVELER IS BUT A PILGRIM ON A QUEST'

Sunday, January 15, 2006

38. THE C WORD





The last 3 years saw changes coming fast and furious.

A tumour was detected during a routine mammogram. The biopsy was not good - invasive carcinoma. I was subjected to a battery of tests right away to prepare me for a lumpectomy in 2 days.

The 3 days in hospital was dullsville - the boredom and inactivity could have killed me first. I felt down....I did'nt want to spend almost a year undergoing and recovering from treatment - without a spouse to help me along. I asked Baba - is this necessary?

Not one to sit and mope, on discharge, I went right back to work and to my regular hair cutting service at the community hospital - with a tube attached to my armpit to drain lymph fluid.

A few days after surgery, I returned to hospital for the 'sentencing'. How bad is it? How long will the treatment be? What's the damage going to be like? How much time do I have?

1 Comments:

  • At 3:32 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    One of the best blogs around. Sincere, honest. Refreshingly different.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home