A PASSAGE TO INDIA

'A TRAVELER IS BUT A PILGRIM ON A QUEST'

Friday, March 11, 2005

11. THE HILLS ARE ALIVE...........

 



..............with fireflies! A sight astounding to behold when trees all around are lit up with the gentle glow of millions of fireflies. As I stood in the darkness gawking at the sight, my mind took me back to the time I was a young girl in Malaysia, when life was simpler than. Fireflies were a common sight and I caught one in a jar and was thrilled to bits and slept with the jar by my bedside. On finding it dead in the morning, I cried buckets.























  



The Indian hill stations are a nice change from the awful cities but traffic can get bad at certain times of the day and night as a great many heavy vehicles use the roads in the hill station towns.












Kodaikanal, Madurai in Tamil Nadu and the Kandalar Hills outside Bombay were quite nice but not really cool enough due to deforestation, such a shame. The most memorable were the sunrise and sunset Kodak moments.

As 'Father' Sun rises in the morning, 'Mother' Moon lingers for a while before the brightness of 'Father' obliterates her from my sight. The Yang and the Yin, the Male and Female energies, the duality of Creation. I quietly thank 'Father' and 'Mother' for this realisation.


 

1 Comments:

  • At 5:49 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yep,

    I too agree, those hills are always alive.

    Regards,

    Dilip
    http://www.dilpu.net/archives/2005/03/15/kodaikanal-diary/

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home