A PASSAGE TO INDIA

'A TRAVELER IS BUT A PILGRIM ON A QUEST'

Sunday, October 20, 2019

193. ECUADOREAN VIBES



Ecuador came to town...in the form of this 'boy' band





Sounds of the Andes, rainforests, waterfalls, birds chirping and cawing - from a distance I heard the music which conjured up such images. It was World music, Rainforest music - curiosity got the better of me - I made a detour...and stayed for an hour, making myself comfortable on a beanbag...




A week later I was in another part of town and there they were - from the sounds of pan pipes and flutes, it had to be the same group - I stayed another hour. I hope they don't think I'm a 'groupie' stalking them...!


The stage is the back of a truck...like!




She's a good sport - danced alone during the performance!




Versatile, talented musicians using bamboo and wood traditional ethnic instruments from their indigenous tribes...the most eco friendly people around, no matter where they exist in the world. 




Wrapped around an arm - a seed rattle...






Seed and wood rattles can make glorious music...













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home